STEP 1: To request access to the Controlled Dataset, the Principle Investigator (PI) must submit a completed Electronic Application Form to the DACO.
Pre-register your interest to access the Databank here.
A new form must be submitted for each new study. As part of the application, the PI should list all other research team members who require access to the data (ex: researchers, employees, laboratory personnel, etc.).
In the case of a request by Partnered Researchers requesting access to controlled-access data from collections other than their own, a project-specific application needs to be submitted to the HostSeq DACO, for Expedited Review by the DACO Chair.
*As part of their review, the DACO Chair can call upon additional advice from members of the DACO, where needed.
STEP 2: As part of its review, the DACO will consider the following information:
- Compatibility of the proposal with the objectives of the HostSeq Databank;
- Description of the dataset requested and availability within the HostSeq Databank;
- Justification that the project requires access to HostSeq datasets;
- Qualifications of the PI to undertake the proposed project;
- Number and names of research team members that will have access to data and rationale for their access;
- Scientific merit and feasibility of the proposed project;
- Proof of local ethics committee approval for the proposed project (or justification as to why such approval is not required.
STEP 3: Upon approval by the DACO, a Data Access Agreement is entered into between the PI and CGEn.
Controlled access to HostSeq Databank is granted for a period of 1 year (which may be renewed, upon request).
STEP 4: Once an agreement is signed, the PI will be provided with instructions on how to create an account to access the HostSeq Databank.